This week I was luckily able to channel some creative juices and nail down my idea for the $100 challenge. I live in a small town were almost every other business is some sort of food product - mostly pizza chains. The rest of the businesses are mostly made up of beauty salons and mechanics. My idea was to try and find some way so that the smallest majority of the business here (retail), felt that they could be successful. Here's what I came up with: I'm going to go to businesses and offer small-scale media campaigns. I'll get a model that needs photos for her portfolio (work for free pictures), and a photographer that is looking to expand their work (or work for little pay) and pick out items at their businesses to promote (or work with the manager on items that they'd like promoted). After I direct how I want to shot to go, I'll edit the photo and blast the picture through social media - making sure that the picture includes vital information for the business.
I'm not going to charge the business up-front, but I am going to ask them to track the difference in customer flow and then give a donation for our work. I think it would be a win situation for them because if it really didn't do anything for their business, then they haven't lost any money.
Eventually I could see myself getting involved with the local theater program and using their skills to add to the mix - but I think at first I want to keep it small-scale and see where it grows naturally. If it's a success I could possibly move into larger locations (other towns) and begin to pay the photographer and model(s).
No comments:
Post a Comment