Thursday, January 23, 2014

End of Week #2

     This week I learned about how the Duck Tours company got started. It took a lot of tenacity. The story struck me in two ways. First, he was able to recognize an opportunity; and second, it said that even when he pitched it to someone who was interested in financing him, he really failed. Ultimately though, because the person he pitched it to was extremely interested, his failure in pitching ultimately helped him get the financing he needed. Hopefully for me that means I don't have to know all the answers to everything when it comes to starting up my own business.

     This week was also encouraging because I was taught that ideas can come from anywhere. Personally, I think it best to be out and about doing things and take a small amount of quite time to reflect to get my best ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment