Friday, January 31, 2014

End of Week #3 & $100 Challenge Update

          This week I really want to talk about what I'm learning in The E Myth Revisited. Basically so far I'm getting that you don't want to work for your business - you want your business to work for you. Gerber talks about the difference between the Entrepreneurial Perspective and the Technician's Perspective. "The Entrepreneurial Perspective sees the business as a system for producing outside results--for the customer--resulting in profits. The Technician's Perspective sees the business as a place in which people work to produce inside results--for The Technician--producing income." When I create my business, I need to do so when the results are systems dependent, rather than people dependent. 

          My next steps for the $100 challenge will be as follows:

1. Reach out to the retail businesses in town and pitch my idea
2. Plan out specific dates and time to run the campaign
3. Contact local models and photographers and pitch them the idea

        There will be more steps involved, but hopefully I'll be able to put some of the campaign pictures up on this blog when that time comes. 

          One other great asset that I learned about this week was an article how Richard Branson would answer on how to avoid common start-up mistakes. His step about staying on target was relevant to me because I have a tendency of thinking too big, or expanding too soon. He says, "Clearly define your goals and strategies, then establish a timeline. Don't let the other possibilities or hazy dreams distract you from achieving your goal".

No comments:

Post a Comment