Saturday, February 22, 2014

Halfway There

          This week we covered materials focusing on the customer and the customer experience. Jet Blue, for example, stopped serving food to people because they couldn't win in the customer satisfaction department. Zappos focuses heavily on the culture of the company. In fact, they offer their trainees full pay plus $2000 if they quit. Their logic for doing this is that they only want the people who value their work and actually want to be there, instead of those who are just there for a paycheck. They said that it really helped empower the employees which then resulted in better customer service ratings. They want those same customer service ratings on the whole company, so everybody from the warehouse to the CEO takes the same training's as the customer service employees.

         The $100 Challenge - I call my business Local Retail Inc. We do small-scale media promotions; everything from the photo shoot to the launch and what we call media blasts. (Don't know if I've explained that before). This week I've contacted the photographer and she is really excited about helping me out. My first target store is going to be a place called Youngster's, which sells toddler's clothing. I've got a few ideas for kids as models which I will be contacting as soon as I go meet with the owner and talk about my company and what we can do for them. Right now there are transitioning to a new location.

        This is usually the part where nerves take over - but I'm determined to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment