Matt 18: 12-14 - Rejoice in rescuing the one
Luke 15: 4-7 - Bringing home the lost
Isaiah 40: 11 - Feed, gathered, and carried
1 Peter 2: 25 - Lost and found
1 Nephi 22:25 - Sheep are known
Something that caught me way off guard this week was the symbolism of Jesus Christ being the Good Shepard. I say it caught me off guard because I feel like that was something I was able to ponder and absorb multiple times. The message we delivered to families this week was, "The Divine Mission of Jesus Christ: Good Shepard".
The following is from that message: "As we come to understand that Jesus Christ is the Good Shepard, our desire increases to follow His example and serve those in need. Jesus said: "I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine....And I lay down my life for the sheep;" (John 10:14-15).
Jesus' always extends invitations to draw closer to him. He never is forceful. Sheepherders use dogs to pressure the sheep into doing the herders biding. A true Shepard has but to call and His sheep hear His voice and willingly follow.
The $100 challenge update this week is very small. I found out that one business that I thought had closed actually is just changing locations. Due to mid-terms though, I didn't feel like I had the time to meet with any of the businesses that I've scouted. Next week I am determined will be different. Another note that I am determined to not do next week is save everything till Saturday. Not that I procrastinated, I just scheduled too many things for one day and I feel the pressure of over-scheduling.
No comments:
Post a Comment